Bellmans is a well established fine art auctioneers who has grown in both size and reputation since its initial founding in 1989. They are now one of the largest auction houses in the South of England and have put extensive effort into becoming one of the leading online auctioneers throughout the whole of the UK.
COVID brought about a lot of issues for many UK businesses and Bellmans Auctioneers House was no different. As they could no longer hold in-person auctions for the best part of two years, the forward-thinking team at Bellmans began to focus more on holding online auctions.
To ensure their online auctions were as seamless, smooth and successful as possible, the key requirements of the project were to:
- Improve the look and style of the site
- Ensure colours used across the site are consistent with the Bellmans brand
- Properly represent Bellmans as a high-end, well established auction house
- Create a website that is capable of running live auctions
- Have a system in place for online bidding
- Build a website that can reliably handle high volumes of traffic without crashing or slowing.