The DigitalBoost Development Grant
The DigitalBoost Development Grant is funded by the Scottish Government and helps businesses gain competitiveness, productivity, and resilience to boost the Scottish economy.
It can be put to various uses, including reducing (non-staff) operational costs, improving market share or increasing revenues. However, these aims must be achieved by introducing new digital capabilities to your business.
This could include:
- enhancing the digital skills of your workforce
- building an app
- buying or developing software or IT and digital communications hardware
- creating a comprehensive online ticketing or booking system
- building an eCommerce website
- Digital Consultancy costs.
The grant presents a fantastic opportunity for Scotland’s businesses to transition towards a digitised future by enhancing these capabilities and creating more sustainable and innovative systems to work from.
We anticipate that applications will be opened soon.
In preparation, you can check your eligibility and register your interest on the DigitalBoost website. The authorisation of the grants will take place on a chronological basis until the funds are exhausted, so it’s highly recommended that you act quickly to register your interest.
Please remember that you will have just seven days to complete and submit the DigitalBoost Application form once you have passed the eligibility stage.
Business Gateway and Scottish Local Authorities deliver DigitalBoost.
Am I eligible for the DigitalBoost Development Grant?
To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- Be registered and/or operating from within Scotland.
- Be trading a minimum of 6 months (or have received sales income for at least six months).
- Be over the age of 18.
- Be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK.
- Meet the European definition of an SME in relation to employees, balance sheet and turnover.
All Industry sectors are eligible for consideration, including charities, social enterprises and third sector organisations.
What can I use the grant for?
- Reducing (non-staff) operational costs
- Improving market share
- Enabling employment to be safeguarded or increased
- Increasing revenues
- Increasing profit margin
- Improving cyber security
- Moving business online
Eligible expenditure is to introduce new digital capabilities to your business:
- Enhancing digital skills of employees
- Buying software
- Buying hardware
- Building an online booking or ticketing system
- Building an eCommerce website
- Building an app
- Digital Consultancy costs
- Renting software or hardware (the first year costs only)
- The building or maintaining websites that are brochures or provide information
- Annual charges for platforms, hosting or online content management (first-year costs only)
As agents of digital transformation, Inspire are here to support your project delivery
Inspire is a digital agency that has completed many projects, improving our clients' digital capabilities, digital capacities and digital skills immeasurably.
By developing, evolving, and delivering on our clients' digital strategies over the last 12 years, we have supported the transformation of their business processes, business models, domains, and culture/organisations.
As a skilled and varied team including Digital Strategists, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Designers, Project Managers and Digital Marketers, we follow best practices in every aspect of our delivery. We tailor our approach to Project Management, e.g. PRINCE2 and Agile depending on each project.
The Inspire team is in a fantastic position to support those seeking to embark on their own Digital Transformation journey and become a part of Scotland's Digital Nation.
Inspire is neither an administrator of the grant nor a financial adviser. If you are simply interested in discussing your digital project and its potential costs, please fill out the form on this page.