We are currently recruiting for a Craft CMS Back-end Web Developer based remotely or with use of our office facilities in Glasgow or Perth, Scotland. The successful candidate will be working alongside our friendly team across our different locations on the delivery and execution of key client projects from a diverse range of sectors. You'll primarily be a back-end developer with strong analytical skills but any front-end experience would be a bonus. It's key to the role that you have experience working with https://craftcms.com.
You will join our development team and will be building great websites and online systems day to day. We have a number of complex system and eCommerce projects about to start and you would likely be involved in some of these so you wouldn't just be working on "brochure" websites all the time.
We need you to be proactive and share your experience with the team where you think improvements can be made.
It's important that you give good estimates for your work, stick to them and let the relevant project manager know in a timely manner if any problems arise.
Good communication is key both internally and with clients. You would be expected to talk to clients directly in meetings and when exploring detailed requirements for example.
Support of existing sites is part of the job too so you should be good at looking at another developer's code and debugging.
You will have been working as a web developer for a minimum of two years within an agency environment.
You will be a top class coder but will also have a strong desire to learn and share your knowledge and experience.
We use a standard LAMP stack and our strategic website platform is Craft CMS so it's essential that you've worked with this before. We also have some existing websites on WordPress, Magento2, Shopify and others.
A degree in a related subject preferred but not essential for the right candidate.
A degree in a related subject preferred but not essential for the right candidate
- Build great websites and web-based systems
- Follow development standards and comment your code well
- Manage your own website launches
- Handle live website issues
- Estimate new projects
- Be a real team player
- Craft CMS - https://craftcms.com
- PHP Frameworks e.g. Yii2
- Other Open Source Platforms e.g. Wordpress, Woocommerce, Magento
- Nice to haves:
- Linux Servers
- DNS Management
- Familiarity with Project Support tools e.g. OpenProject, OSTickets, Basecamp, MS Teams.
- MS Office 365
40 hours per week
- Salary dependent on experience.
- 30 days paid holiday per year incl 9 bank holidays.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Develop your professional experience- you'll have direct influence on the success of many clients online presence
- We are a small growing business, so you'll have the chance to shape how we grow for the future.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
As part of your application please include details on previous projects you've led and worked on.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
a) This is a full-time opportunity
b) No agencies need engage