"Hey Siri, where's the nearest chippy?" or "Hey Google, where's the nearest petrol station?". If you've found yourself uttering such phrases, welcome to the era of voice search.
There was once a time when typing out a query on a search engine felt revolutionary. The digital winds have shifted, however, and now our voices are leading the charge. Voice search is transforming the way we seek information, and for small and medium-sized businesses, it's a golden opportunity to be heard, quite literally.
Why All the Buzz About Voice Search?
- Convenience is King: In our fast-paced lives, multitasking is the norm. Voice search fits right in, allowing users to seek information while cooking, driving, or generally being on the go.
- Natural Conversations: Voice queries are more conversational. Instead of typing "weather Edinburgh", one might ask, "What's the weather like in Edinburgh today?" This shift demands a fresh approach to SEO, focusing on natural language.
- Rapid Adoption of Smart Devices: With the proliferation of smart speakers and voice-activated assistants, voice search is no longer confined to smartphones. It's in our homes, our cars, and even our offices.
The Scottish Lilt and Voice Search
You must have seen the now famous Burnistoun sketch about the Scottish guys trying to be understood by the voice recognition system. Scotland, with its rich linguistic tapestry, presents unique opportunities and challenges. The distinct accents, from the soft lilt of the Highlands to the robust tones of Glasgow, mean voice recognition technology needs to be on its A-game. For Scottish SMEs, it's crucial to ensure that content resonates with the local vernacular.
Crafting Content for Voice Search
- Question-Based Queries: Voice searches are often phrased as questions. Incorporating FAQs or crafting content that answers common questions can give you an edge.
- Local SEO Matters: Voice searches are often local. "Near me" queries are on the rise. Ensure your business is listed accurately on Google My Business and other local directories.
- Mobile Optimisation: Most voice searches happen on mobile devices. A mobile-optimised website isn't just good practice; it's essential.
The Inspire Approach to Voice Search SEO
At Inspire, we're not just adapting to the voice search revolution; we're at the forefront. We understand the nuances of crafting content that speaks to voice search algorithms. Our strategies are rooted in understanding our clients’ local landscapes and industries, ensuring their businesses aren’t just heard, but stand out.
If you're keen to harmonise your SEO strategies with the future's linguistic tunes, we're here to help. Our team is ready to elevate your voice search game, so get in touch to craft an SEO strategy that's not just about keywords but conversations. After all, in the digital age, it's not just what you say, but how you say it that counts.