We are looking for a motivated and inspiring recent Graduate from Glasgow Caledonia University to get involved with our Web Design projects.
This role will get you involved in all the elements of design:
- Gather client requirements
- Express your creativity and generate ideas
- Construct aesthetic and user-centric mock-ups/storyboards
- Collaborate with our web developers on how the websites function
- Get involved in user testing and feedback gathering
This is no coffee-making role, you will be given real responsibility and accountability for your work. There will be a strong team around you but you will be expected to deliver within managed time scales. You will also be expected to keep a learning log.
We have a strong and diverse pipeline of work within our growing client base, which comes from a large range of sectors including corporate, public, and third sector organisations. This builds the ideal foundations for you to get involved with multiple projects in a relatively short period of time and gain insights into the fast-paced world of web design.
This internship will be a fantastic opportunity to understand how a digital agency works. We operate in a fast-paced sector of the economy as a full-service agency including Design, Development, and Digital Marketing. You'll gain real insight into what employers are looking for and build a career plan. We see ourselves as investing in you for this 8-week period which also includes a probationary performance review and performance feedback.
We are always looking for talented people to join our company on a full-time basis and have employed previous interns before, so we might be able to offer you a position after a successful completion of your 8-week internship.
We have two offices, in Perth and in Glasgow. The majority of our Glasgow-based staff is currently working from home and we don’t have a concrete plan to return to the office, yet.
Recent Bachelors Degree from a Digital/Web Design related subject (minimum band awarded: 2.2)
15-1255.00 Web and Digital Interface Designers
Key Deliverables for you during your internship:
- Development of project briefs on time and on budget after discussions with clients and account managers
- Mock-ups of the final website to be given to our developers to build (after sign-off)
- Experience in Adobe creative cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, ...) or equivalent professional creative tool suites
- Understanding of digital requirements and website UX
- Ability to work collaboratively
- An eye for detail
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Experience in a professional work environment
- Familiarity with the design requirements of social platforms
- 35 hours a week for 12 week
- degree of flexibility about when you will be expected to work during the week
- Access to all required equipment and software to successfully complete your internship
- Holidays accumulated as a share of our annual allowance based on you hours and length of employment
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply by completing the form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Successful candidates will be invited you to a remote video interview.
Please note that interviews will be scheduled on a short notice basis due to the quick approach of the start date.
This internship will be taking place in conjunction with Santander and GCU and will not be awarded to anyone who is not a recent graduate of the university.