Project support officers provide vital assistance to project managers. These highly-organised, dynamic professionals work on important projects for all kinds of different organisations, from investment banks and I.T. consultancies to hospitals and local authorities.
As a project support officer, you won’t only perform routine administrative duties like minute taking – rather, your responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the project you are working on. Driving everything forward from planning to implementation, your actions will directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the project.
Every project is different and therefore your duties will change accordingly. However, for the most part, you will be responsible for monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
As the project manager’s right hand, you will play an important role in project planning and risk and issue management. Moreover, you will log, manage and analyse information on the progress of the project, using Excel and other bespoke databases. You may even be responsible for managing lower-level administrative support staff.
Previous experience as a project co-ordinator
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous
Any on the job training and qualifications in HTML5/Adobe and various software is advantageous.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Work at pace whilst delivering a quality and concise service
- Be flexible and have the ability to work within fast paced environments with changing priorities
- Balancing multiple priorities, using your initiative to appropriately organise and manage workloads
- Keep accurate records
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- In addition, you must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
40 hours per week
- Salary dependent on experience.
- 30 days paid holiday per year incl 9 bank holidays.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- We are a social bunch so expect to enjoy Takeaway Fridays and have 2 fully paid team away outings per annum (we recently went to Glasgow stayed in a nice hotel and did the Sub Crawl, Escape Rooms and fine dining)
- Add great achievements to your CV: You'll have direct influence on the success of many clients online presence
- In the last year we've grown and plan to double in size so you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee (bean to cup), tea, fruit and snacks.
We offer a profit sharing pool for employees who stay with us for 2 years.
As part of your application please include your portfolio showing examples of final and draft work.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
a) This is a full-time role not a freelancer role
b) No agencies need engage