The Office Manager/PA will:
- Provide a high quality organisational support service
- Maintain office systems, including data management and filing
- Support our drive to continuous improvement per changing business needs whilst maintaining an efficient administrative process
- Effective diary management, making appointments, assessing priority of meetings and rescheduling as necessary
- Liasing with our HR support provider and Accountant
- Proactive daily support for the owner, ensuring he is adequately prepared with his schedule and supporting materials where required
- Responsible for ensuring the follow up and tracking of meeting actions and outcomes with owner in accordance with agreed target dates
- Handling telephone calls professionally, screening, re-directing, taking messages or using initiative to respond and resolve the query at source where appropriate, ensuring a high level of customer service when interacting with internal and external customers
- Sorting, distributing and responding or drafting responses to incoming email in a timely and efficient manner
- Acting as a key liaison point between internal staff and other key parties, setting up meetings as appropriate and maintaining strong communications.
- Managing Accounts via Xero: data entry for business expenses; creating accounts; raising invoices; following up on outstanding payments
- Building effective working relationships with all functions of the business
- Previous PA experience at a similar level (2+ years)
- Excellent Cloud "Accounting" skills e.g. Xero (1+ year)
- Experience with Cloud "Time Recording and Reporting Systems" advantageous e.g. Toggl
- Office Admin and/or Management (preferably) experience (3+ years)
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous such as business administration or accounts.
Any on the job training and qualifications in Cloud Accounting and various software is advantageous.
- Taking care of professional and personal matters of the Director
- Responding on behalf of Director via emails
- Managing Director's diary and arranging appointments
- HR related responsibilities for Lateness, Sickness, Leave (we operate a matrix management approach so accountability for Staff Task performance lies with the Department Manager)
- Staff Holiday entitlement management
- Training Co-ordination
- Health & Safety
- Risk Assessments
- Preparation for Staff Appraisals and Performance Reviews
- End of Day/Huddle facilitation
- Decision making when Director unavailable
- Overall administration
- Review and Report on Staff Time Recording (via Toggl)
- Auditing and Submitting VAT Online
- Daily Reconciliation
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
- Profit & Loss Monthly Review and Forecasting
- Payroll and Pension Submission
- Collating and Recording Staff Expenses
The ideal candidate will be:
- Customer focused with excellent team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues, building effective working relationships with all functions of the business
- Highly organised, self-reliant, efficient and self-motivated with the ability to systematically plan own work and that of others
- Capable of employing persuasion skills where appropriate
- An aptitude for using own judgement and decision making with the ability to work on initiative
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly and produce accurate, timely and well-presented minutes and supporting documentation
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Demonstration of the ability to work to tight deadlines and perform well under sustained pressure with the capability of quick thinking in rapidly changing scenarios
- A completer-finisher with a flexible, pro-active, ‘can do’ approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Prezi
- Cloud Accounting Software e.g. Xero
- Office 365
- Google Calendar
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Work at pace whilst delivering a quality and concise service
- Be flexible and have the ability to work within fast paced environments with changing priorities
- Balancing multiple priorities, using your initiative to appropriately organise and manage workloads
- Keep accurate records
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- In addition, you must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
40 hours per week
- Salary dependent on experience.
- 30 days paid holiday per year incl 9 bank holidays.
- We are a social bunch so expect to enjoy Takeaway Fridays and have 2 fully paid team away outings per annum (over the last year we recently went to Glasgow stayed in a nice hotel and did the Sub Crawl, Escape Rooms and fine dining. On other occasions we've gone to play Crazy Golf and Treasure Hunts around Edinburgh)
- Add great achievements to your CV: You'll get a training budget to help you grow and develop
- In the last year we've grown and plan to double in size so you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee (bean to cup), tea, fruit and snacks.
We offer a Loyalty Bonus based on a profit sharing pool for employees who stay with us for 2 years.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply by completing the form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Recruiters or recruitment agencies need not contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependent on experience