As Business Development Manager, you will be the first point of contact for new and existing business. You’ll generate new business for the company as well as helping to manage existing client accounts.
An experienced and successful Business Development Manager, who has a minimum of at least 7 years’ experience of working in a B2B sales environment.
You will have an in-depth understanding of the digital business, particularly the customer journey and sales process, and you’ll be passionate about sharing your knowledge with our broader team. You’ll be comfortable working with SaaS CRM systems – direct experience of using Hubspot CRM, Mailchimp, and BuiltWith would be a bonus.
Ideally you’ll have been successful in a digital or agency setting for at least 4 years. You’ll have a proven track record of self-generating sales leads and sales, and your confidence in and passion for digital will shine through when talking and presenting to sales prospects – whether they are Business Owners, Boards of Directors or Marketing teams.
Education to degree-level (or equivalent) is desirable.
Qualifications relevant to sales process and/or project management are ideal but not essential.
11-2022.00 Sales Managers
The successful candidate will:
- Support our ambitious growth plan and actively contribute to its success
- Create a new business roadmap that links to our business objectives, with KPIs
- Develop and manage a rich prospect list based on our target sectors and business profiles
- Generate and cultivate potential introducers and referral partners
- Attract, engage and convert new clients that fit our target business profiles
- Identify Tender opportunities, and lead on the coordination of our responses
- Create and manage a single view of our sales prospects and pipeline within Hubspot
- Work closely with our Marketing and creative teams quarterly to develop and use a suite of sales support materials
- Work closely with our Marketing team to raise our profile
- Report weekly to Managing Director on pipeline and KPIs
- Achieve quarterly sales targets
- Help to manage our existing clients as a key point of contact
- Excellent knowledge of the Customer Journey and sales processes
- Proficient in Saas CRM tools, ideally Hubspot
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- You’ll be comfortable working with MS Office suite and ideally you will also be proficient with Adobe InDesign for putting together proposals (working from an established template)
- You’ll have the ability to inspire our team and our clients
- We’re aiming high with our ambition so it’s crucial that you are able to share, support and help to shape our vision as a passionate believer in what we do
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend working may be required.
- Base salary from £30,000pa
- If our Business Plan is achieved you’ll earn £110k OTE based on Invoiced Income
- No earnings cap if you exceed your targets
- Hybrid working between our Glasgow office and home
- 30 days paid holiday a year including 9 Bank holidays (pro rata)
- Latest tech and kit to do the job to the best of your ability
- Legal & General Flexible Pension (not the basic NEST scheme)
- Rich and varied work across multiple sectors
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Supportive team environment
We offer a performance-based profit sharing scheme to employees with more than two years continuous service.
There’s an opportunity to grow with us as we continue to expand to meet the demand for our services. So if your current workplace is feeling a bit stale, this could be the shot-in-the-arm you’ve been looking for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and they value diversity in the company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.