You’ll be our Lead Web Developer, building some websites and online systems for sure, but the main and most significant part of the role will be to set standards for the rest of the development team (2 Project Leads; 7 php Developers) and ensure they are producing quality work.
You’d also be implementing industry standard practices and processes for the team e.g GIT. We need you to be proactive and lead based on your experience and judgement in this respect. We also want your recommendations of the best off the shelf web systems to use.
You would be reviewing estimates of other developers to see if they are reasonable.
Some testing of websites built by other team members is needed so you are sure everyone is working to the same high standards.
Support would also be part of your job. You’d monitor our live issues ticketing system for any technical problems and assign to other developers to resolve.
You’d play a key role in our website launches, planning them with clients, transferring domains, updating DNS records, setting up Google Analytics and Search Console accounts etc.
Web Server knowledge would be useful as you’d be expected to monitor our servers and coordinate any necessary upgrades with our external server provider (UKFAST) as well as liaise with them on any live problems.
To summarise, this is not purely a web developer role. We need someone who can also lead and set standards for the other developers. You’ll also work with our project managers on scheduling work for the development team.
You will have been working as a web developer for several years, ideally in an agency environment.
You will be a top class coder but will also have a strong desire to lead other developers and share your knowledge and experience.
We use a standard LAMP stack with mainly the Yii2 coding framework as standard so any experience of that would be beneficial.
A degree in a related subject preferred but not essential for the right candidate.
A degree in a related subject preferred but not essential for the right candidate
- Set standards for other developers
- Lead technical process improvements
- Monitor company web servers
- Manage website launches
- Manage live website issues
- Estimate new projects
- Build great quality websites and online systems
- PHP Frameworks e.g. Yii2
- Open Source Platforms e.g. Wordpress, Woocommerce, Magento
- DNS Management
- Nice to haves:
- Linux Servers
- Familiarity with Project Support tools e.g. Basecamp, Zendesk
- MS Office 365
40 hours per week
- Salary dependent on experience.
- 30 days paid holiday per year incl 9 bank holidays.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- We are a social bunch so expect to enjoy Takeaway Fridays and have 2 fully paid team away outings per annum (we recently went to Glasgow stayed in a nice hotel and did the Sub Crawl, Escape Rooms and fine dining)
- Add great achievements to your CV: You'll have direct influence on the success of many clients online presence
- In the last year we've grown and plan to double in size so you'll have the chance to shape how we grow this year and beyond.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training, equipment and training.
- Free coffee (bean to cup), tea, fruit and snacks.
We offer a profit sharing pool for employees who stay with us for 2 years.
As part of your application please include details on previous projects you've led and worked on.
If this sounds something that you’d be interested in please apply using the button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
a) This is a full-time role not a freelancer role
b) No agencies need engage